Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
- Quick Hits: Cardinals trades with the Indians
- Is Mozeliak a good GM?
- Why does the Cardinals’ offense suck so bad?
- Adam LaRoche makes the decision most Dads wish they could
- Shortstop situation shouldn’t worry Cards
Monthly Archives: March 2011
The lock on the door. The guy who shows up to inform you that the game is over. The closer. In the game of baseball, there is probably no position more ridiculed than that of a closer. Many teams have tried to do without, using a “bullpen by committee.” For some reason, that never works. Teams are just inexplicably better when they have a shut down pitcher at the back … Continue reading
After a brief hiatus (thank you midterms), I’m back at the blog. Spring Training has begun and the pressure is on to get this preview done, but I think it has been pretty representative. So as we near an end, with just this one and the closer remaining, I think this little experiment has been quite the success. Starting pitcher #5. For the Cardinals, this has changed with the recent … Continue reading
The Cardinals’ first week of Spring Training games went much better than the previous week. Despite opening up with a 3-8 loss against the Marlins, the Cardinals finished up their first eight days of playing games at 6 wins, 3 losses. Some quick hits on my thoughts about some things from the first week of games. Farm hands getting lots of ABs early in Spring Training. Jon Jay, Mark Hamilton, … Continue reading