Latest TweetMy Tweets
- All about the Ace
- Just how good are these Cardinals?
- Quick Hits: Strikeouts are (mostly) overrated
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
- Quick Hits: Cardinals trades with the Indians
- Is Mozeliak a good GM?
Daily Archives: April 3, 2011
Finally! The Cardinals break through for the win on the back of Jaime Garcia. Garcia, who had looked shaky during Spring Training, put some worries to rest with his dominant pitching performance. He used just 102 pitches to work through the 9 innings, showing some improvement over a problem he faced often in his rookie season. Last year he would commonly be inefficient with his pitches and hopefully this is … Continue reading
Consider it news to the entire Cardinals’ fan base or a non-issue to some. In B.J. Rains’ article this morning about Albert Pujols’ 10 year anniversary of making that opening day roster in 2001, Cardinals’ manager Tony LaRussa is quoted saying that the story that Bobby Bonilla’s injury gave Pujols his opportunity to make the roster, isn’t true. As the story goes, Pujols was destined to begin his 2001 season … Continue reading