Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: Matt Holliday’s slow start
- All about the Ace
- Just how good are these Cardinals?
- Quick Hits: Strikeouts are (mostly) overrated
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
- Quick Hits: Cardinals trades with the Indians
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Major League Baseball has a problem. That problem? Umpires who like to inject themselves to ballgames and affect their results. As a whole, MLB protects their umpires from the negative side of getting a major call wrong. Unfortunately, few learn from their mistakes and just continue the same pattern of behavior. A couple of events over the last few days have really brought this to mind, but I’ve been meaning … Continue reading
The MLB non-waiver trade deadline came and went at 4 p.m. eastern time yesterday afternoon. It seemed like every contender added pieces from non-contenders as they attempted to solidify their position on top, or as a challenger of, a division. After the dust has settled and the moves have had a chance to percolate, who made the best moves in the NL Central? Certainly the Cardinals were active, but so … Continue reading