Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
- Quick Hits: Cardinals trades with the Indians
- Is Mozeliak a good GM?
- Why does the Cardinals’ offense suck so bad?
- Adam LaRoche makes the decision most Dads wish they could
- Shortstop situation shouldn’t worry Cards
Daily Archives: December 8, 2011
I just got back from finishing up my Christmas shopping when I sat down at my desk to see a tweet talking about Pujols and the Angels. It piqued my curiosity and I decided to scroll backwards and see what the root of the talk was. Then I spotted it, Pujols accepting a deal valued in the $240-250 million over 10 year range with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. … Continue reading
This morning the annual Major League Baseball Rule 5 Draft was held during the winter meetings in Dallas, Texas. The Cardinals selected Erik Komatsu from the Washington Nationals. Komatsu, 24, was drafted in the 8th round of the 2008 MLB draft by the Milwaukee Brewers. The left handed outfielder was traded last season to the Nationals. In 124 games in Double-A, Komatsu had a line of .277/.367/.382. Certainly not horrible, … Continue reading
Jeff Luhnow, the Cardinals Vice President of Player Procurement, has accepted a job with the Houston Astros as their new General Manager. Luhnow will take over for Ed Wade, who was fired last month by the Astros’ new owner Jim Crane. Luhnow, who has essentially controlled the Cardinals’ amateur scouting and drafting departments for the last few years, is responsible for drafting many of the successful Cardinals you see today. … Continue reading