Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: Matt Holliday’s slow start
- All about the Ace
- Just how good are these Cardinals?
- Quick Hits: Strikeouts are (mostly) overrated
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
- Quick Hits: Cardinals trades with the Indians
Daily Archives: August 27, 2012
This morning an interesting commentary piece by Rob Rains stumbled through my Twitter timeline. In the post, Mr. Rains argues that the Red Sox-Dodgers trade that was consummated this last weekend is unfair and illustrates what is wrong with the game. Mr. Rains states that Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig should have blocked the trade with his super duper commissioner powers. Let me start: I wholeheartedly disagree. According to … Continue reading
The St. Louis Cardinals just completed their series victory against the Cincinnati Reds with a 8-2 drubbing behind Adam Wainwright. Wainwright, it’s fun to realize, has a 1.73 ERA and is 6-1 in 8 starts since the All Star Break. He has once again emerged as the Cardinals’ ace and regaining his market value along with it. He’s also on pace to surpass 200 innings something he’s done in every … Continue reading