Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: More on Matt Holliday
- Quick Hits: Matt Holliday’s slow start
- All about the Ace
- Just how good are these Cardinals?
- Quick Hits: Strikeouts are (mostly) overrated
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
Monthly Archives: December 2012
The Cardinals were quiet in the Major League portion of Thursday morning’s Rule 5 Draft, but took two players in the Triple-A portion. The St. Louis Cardinals added infielder Matt Cerda and left handed pitcher Jay Voss. The organization also lost Stephen Hill who was selected by the Oakland Athletics. Since Voss and Cerda were selected in the Triple-A portion of the draft, they only need to remain in Triple-A. … Continue reading
The winter meetings were going rather quiet for the St. Louis Cardinals. Until today, that is. The Cardinals have agreed to terms on a $7.5 million, 3 year deal with 37-year-old veteran left hander Randy Choate pending a physical. The deal solidifies the bullpen from the left side as he will pair with 27-year-old Marc Rzepczynski. Entering the offseason the Cardinals hadn’t spent good money on a left handed reliever … Continue reading