- Quick Hits: Why don’t postseason stats count?
- Quick Hits: Unearned run differential
- Cardinals acquire Zach Duke
- Chris Sale and the White Sox should probably just move on from each other
- Quick Hits: Cardinals All Stars
- Quick Hits: Midseason Top-100 Prospects
- Why raising Minor League player pay would be good for baseball
- Ichiro versus Rose
- Optioning Wong was the best call
- The power of the first impression
Yearly Archives: 2013
Tara Wellman of Aaron Miles’ Fastball sat in with me this week in the final UCB Radio of the year. We talked about the Mark Ellis signing, the odd man out of the roster, the new rules about plays at the plate, and Chris Carpenter future GM? Listen to the podcast version here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ivieleagueproductions/2013/12/19/ucb-radio-hour
The Cardinals agree to terms with free agent 2B/3B Mark Ellis on a one-year deal.
I was doing some reading earlier this afternoon during a slow stretch at work and it was talking about how the Braves’ GM Frank Wren would like to trade Dan Uggla this offseason. Uggla, 33, has been a disaster for the Braves, being left off last season’s postseason roster because of his .179 batting average, in spite of his 22 home runs. The problem for the Braves is that he’s … Continue reading
Thanks to last night’s arbitration tender deadline, there are 43 new free agents hitting the marketplace. Those would be 21 pitchers, 10 infielders, 9 outfielders, and 3 catchers. With the Cardinals keeping a close eye on a right handed second baseman to pair up with Wong and perhaps play around the infield, lets take a look at those who may fit the Cardinals’ needs. There were 10 infielders that I’ve … Continue reading
The Cardinals non-tender RHP John Axford, making him a free agent. They tender contracts to OF Jon Jay, OF Peter Bourjos, and IF Daniel Descalso.