Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: More on Matt Holliday
- Quick Hits: Matt Holliday’s slow start
- All about the Ace
- Just how good are these Cardinals?
- Quick Hits: Strikeouts are (mostly) overrated
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
Daily Archives: January 23, 2013
The Cardinals announced yesterday that they had avoided arbitration with their closer Jason Motte. The deal, a two-year deal buying out his final arbitration year, is worth $12 million plus incentives. After making just $1.95 million last year, Motte filed for $5.5 million in arbitration while the Cardinals filed at $4.5 million. But everyone knew that while this year would be a relative bargain at either of those prices, next … Continue reading