Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
- Quick Hits: Cardinals trades with the Indians
- Is Mozeliak a good GM?
- Why does the Cardinals’ offense suck so bad?
- Adam LaRoche makes the decision most Dads wish they could
- Shortstop situation shouldn’t worry Cards
Daily Archives: February 13, 2013
The Cardinals’ 6th round pick of the 2011 MLB Draft was catcher Adam Ehrlich. Ehrlich, who turned 20 in December, has yet to jump above rookie ball. He put up impressive numbers last season though, posting a line of .329/.404/.409 with 1 HR and 14 RBI in 42 games. Now that can mean a few things from he is highly skilled to him simply being more advanced than the pitchers … Continue reading
The next stop on this tour is left handed pitcher Tyler Lyons. Lyons was selected by the Yankees in the 10th round of the 2009 Major League draft out of Oklahoma State University, but elected not to sign. When he was selected by the Cardinals in the 9th round of the 2010 draft, he would sign though wouldn’t play for the organization in 2010. He began the 2011 season in … Continue reading
Audry Perez signed with the Cardinals in March 2008 as an undrafted free agent from the Dominican Republic. He took off with a boom, hitting .322 in the Dominican Summer League in his first season with the organization. Perez, 24, moved on to Johnson City in 2009, hitting .258. Then to Batavia in 2010 where things clicked and he posted a .315 batting average in easily his best season in … Continue reading