- Quick Hits: Why don’t postseason stats count?
- Quick Hits: Unearned run differential
- Cardinals acquire Zach Duke
- Chris Sale and the White Sox should probably just move on from each other
- Quick Hits: Cardinals All Stars
- Quick Hits: Midseason Top-100 Prospects
- Why raising Minor League player pay would be good for baseball
- Ichiro versus Rose
- Optioning Wong was the best call
- The power of the first impression
Author Archives: Jon Doble
Earlier this week the Chicago Cubs unveiled their first official team mascot in history, Clark the Cub. General response on the Internet has been predictably humorous and unpredictably angry. Stuff like that it’s the Cubs’ biggest offseason addition and that all lovable children’s characters have no pants. Or you rib Cubs fans for a century of futility like Dennis Lawson or whip out Photoshop like Matt Sebek. Beyond all the … Continue reading
I’m sure by now most know the story. A couple months ago, the website Deadspin set out to make a point about the voting process of baseball’s Hall of Fame. They put out a story in which they offered to buy a vote from someone and they would then poll their readership to produce the ballot. They reportedly came close to sealing the deal with a donation to charity, but … Continue reading
The Cardinals claim OF Rafael Ortega off waivers from the Texas Rangers.
Tara Wellman of Aaron Miles’ Fastball sat in with me this week in the final UCB Radio of the year. We talked about the Mark Ellis signing, the odd man out of the roster, the new rules about plays at the plate, and Chris Carpenter future GM? Listen to the podcast version here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ivieleagueproductions/2013/12/19/ucb-radio-hour
The Cardinals agree to terms with free agent 2B/3B Mark Ellis on a one-year deal.