- Quick Hits: Why don’t postseason stats count?
- Quick Hits: Unearned run differential
- Cardinals acquire Zach Duke
- Chris Sale and the White Sox should probably just move on from each other
- Quick Hits: Cardinals All Stars
- Quick Hits: Midseason Top-100 Prospects
- Why raising Minor League player pay would be good for baseball
- Ichiro versus Rose
- Optioning Wong was the best call
- The power of the first impression
Tag Archives: 2013-14 Offseason
According to media reports today the St. Louis Cardinals have inked deals with center fielders Jon Jay and Peter Bourjos to avoid arbitration hearings. The deals, which haven’t been announced yet by the club, leave infielder Daniel Descalso as the only pending arbitration case for the Cardinals. Jay’s deal is reported to be a 1 year, $3.25 million contract that comes in just less than his $3.4 million arbitration estimate … Continue reading
The Cardinals sign CF Jon Jay to a 1 year, $3.25 million deal to avoid arbitration.
Earlier this week the Chicago Cubs unveiled their first official team mascot in history, Clark the Cub. General response on the Internet has been predictably humorous and unpredictably angry. Stuff like that it’s the Cubs’ biggest offseason addition and that all lovable children’s characters have no pants. Or you rib Cubs fans for a century of futility like Dennis Lawson or whip out Photoshop like Matt Sebek. Beyond all the … Continue reading
I’m sure by now most know the story. A couple months ago, the website Deadspin set out to make a point about the voting process of baseball’s Hall of Fame. They put out a story in which they offered to buy a vote from someone and they would then poll their readership to produce the ballot. They reportedly came close to sealing the deal with a donation to charity, but … Continue reading
The Cardinals claim OF Rafael Ortega off waivers from the Texas Rangers.