Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
- Quick Hits: Cardinals trades with the Indians
- Is Mozeliak a good GM?
- Why does the Cardinals’ offense suck so bad?
- Adam LaRoche makes the decision most Dads wish they could
- Shortstop situation shouldn’t worry Cards
Tag Archives: Erik Komatsu
One of three 2011 Opening Day starters expected to take the field in the same position in this year’s Opening Day game, Matt Holliday already has his name penciled onto the lineup card. The team’s new #3 hitter after the departure of Albert Pujols, Matt Holliday will have some big shoes to fill in the eyes of the fans. They are shoes he is already filling, in my opinion. Myself … Continue reading
This morning the annual Major League Baseball Rule 5 Draft was held during the winter meetings in Dallas, Texas. The Cardinals selected Erik Komatsu from the Washington Nationals. Komatsu, 24, was drafted in the 8th round of the 2008 MLB draft by the Milwaukee Brewers. The left handed outfielder was traded last season to the Nationals. In 124 games in Double-A, Komatsu had a line of .277/.367/.382. Certainly not horrible, … Continue reading
The MLB non-waiver trade deadline came and went at 4 p.m. eastern time yesterday afternoon. It seemed like every contender added pieces from non-contenders as they attempted to solidify their position on top, or as a challenger of, a division. After the dust has settled and the moves have had a chance to percolate, who made the best moves in the NL Central? Certainly the Cardinals were active, but so … Continue reading