Latest TweetMy Tweets
- Quick Hits: More on Matt Holliday
- Quick Hits: Matt Holliday’s slow start
- All about the Ace
- Just how good are these Cardinals?
- Quick Hits: Strikeouts are (mostly) overrated
- Quick Hits: Home Runs
- Quick Hits: Why players play through injury
- What will Mozeliak do about pitching depth?
- Quick Hits: Pinch Hit Home Runs
- Opening Day Minor League Rosters
Tag Archives: Matt Harrison
For the 11th time in their illustrious history, the St. Louis Cardinals can be called World Series Champions. Thankfully, they did it without the type of drama or heroics required in Game 6. The Texas Rangers got on Chris Carpenter early, putting up two runs in the top of the first. It looked like it was going to be more of the same from the night before. But in the … Continue reading
Four times the Cardinals tied up or took the lead in the game. Four times the Rangers followed in their next half inning by taking it back. When Jake Westbrook came in to pitch the top of the 11th and held the Rangers off the board, that was the first time that the Rangers hadn’t come back immediately to take the lead. And it was just what the doctor ordered… … Continue reading
It may have been Allen Craig who got the party started, giving him three go-ahead RBI in his first three World Series at bats. But by the end of the day, it was Albert Pujols who was the story as the Cardinals took Game 3 in Arlington 16-7. It was a game that seemed like it was going to turn into a pitcher’s duel, at least the first time through … Continue reading